bind9 in unstable

On Friday, give or take, an updated bind9 package was installed on my DNS server / firewall, which is a Sun Ultra 10 running unstable.

The version is:
Preparing to replace bind9 1:9.4.2-10 (using .../bind9_1%3a9.5.0.dfsg-1_sparc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement bind9 ...

After installation, the daemon tries to start, but prints out:
Starting domain name service...: bindnamed: syscall(capset) failed: Invalid argument: please ensure that the capset kernel module is loaded. see insmod(8)

There doesn't appear to be a "capset" module. I found a comment from my searching about a "capability" module, but that module does not appear to be available.

As part of the installation, a new copy of /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.named was installed. I don't know what, if anything, that has to do with it, although, I see several lines with "capability" in them. Commenting those lines has made no difference.

I've been unable to figure out the version string to revert to version 9.4.2-10 to get the previous behavior, although, I'm not sure that was the previous version.

Can someone advise about:
1) Is this behavior as expected from the new bind9 on sparc?
2) How do I get the previous behavior back? I've been unable to get the previous version of the package installed.

For immediate relief, I'm going back to try djbdns.... Well, no relief found. I find no coherent instructions for setting up djbdns that seems to work. The dnsqr query always fails with "connection refused".

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.