Re: [OT?] Upgrade OBP and screen resolution...

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
I've found the answer in the gentoo sun FAQ, i have to setup the
resolution via:

	setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x60

I had to do a bit of juggling with that when getting Xinerama to work with a couple of Creator-3Ds. In principle you should be able to set the resolution in nvramrc, in practice I couldn't get it to work and ended up setting the first screen in output-device and the second in boot-command :-)

AND setup the *linux* resolution via video=atyfb:1024x768x60 kernel
parameter.

I've not seen the resolution in that one before, thanks for pointing it out. My experience was that the kernel was happy to conform to whatever resolution the OBP had set the Creator-3Ds to, but in the absence of information from the screen they tended to play it safe.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk