Re: [OT?] Upgrade OBP and screen resolution...

Mandi! Mark Morgan Lloyd
  In chel dì si favelave...

MML> If it boots Linux then don't upgrade. My experience is that some

Ok. ;)

MML> If you are talking about a Sun video card with 13W3 connector you should
MML> be able to use OBP to set output-device to something like
MML> screen:1024x768x70 However first make sure that the screen has the
MML> correct connectors etc.

An ultra5, normal VGA connector.

I've found the answer in the gentoo sun FAQ, i have to setup the
resolution via:

	setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x60

AND setup the *linux* resolution via video=atyfb:1024x768x60 kernel
parameter.

--
  A noi italiani l'indignazione dura meno dell'orgasmo.
							(Marco Paolini)