Re: Ultra-10 install issue

I'm assuming you have both the onboard ATI video and a creator card in
your UPA slot.  If you have a PCI video card you should remove it at
least for the install, and elite cards have their own issues.  (but
are rare in ultra 10 systems)

Debian ignores the openboot screen selection, so you need to specify
the card used as a boot option.

After you boot the instal cd, use at the Silo prompt:

Silo:  install video=atifb:off

to select the UPA bus video.

You'll also need the option on the SILO boot after the install is done
until you add it to your SILO configuration.

Silo: Linux video=atifb:off

After install and reboot, add

append="video=atifb:off"

to /boot/silo.conf and run silo.

You'll also need to reconfigure X to use the UPA framebuffer.

(I did this on two systems I installed etch on last week.)