Re: serial port OK prompt

On Jan 10, 9:50 am, Geert Stappers <stapp...@stappers.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On a SUN Ultra 5 with Sun keyboard you press 'STOP-A' to get
> the OK prompt from the OpenPROM  ROM software.
>
> When the keyboard is removed, "console" is switched to the serial port.
>
> Within minicom, my serial line terminal, I did send the break signal.
> I was expecting to get the OK prompt, but didn't get it.
>
> What is the way to get to the OK prompt
> when the console is a serial terminal?
>
> Cheers
> Geert Stappers
>
> --

Hi, did you get this working?
I am also not able to send a break signal to my ultra5 from minicom.
i see output from the console and watch teh solaris system booting up
but cannot stop the process with ALT-A-F sequence as per minicom
guide.

also im not sure that the input is setup correctly as i dont get
output from keyboard. ie at Solaris Login Prompt, when i attempt to
key in the username, the console responds to what looks like a
carriage return and i cannot see what i type.

any help much appreciated.
beej