Re: Erlang on UltraSparc III (again)

On 2/24/08, Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:

> I can confirm that there is some serious problem. I've tried to
>  rebuild Erlang on SunBlade 1000 (which is Ultrasparc III) and I keep
>  getting non-reproducible falures (two "Bus Errors" in different
>  places, once aborted saying that the file is missing, and once just
>  hanged).
>
>  Unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to even start debugging
>  something like this.

I think it could be easier to debug using older erlang version
(11.b.5). It doesn't start a thread for every physical processor by
default. So, its behavior should be more predictable.

Bernd Zeimetz did look at this bug once (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/sparclinux@vger.kernel.org/msg02147.html)
but due to lack of time he couldn't fix it.

--
Sergei Golovan