Re: OBP help, please.

Op 27-01-2008 om 20:36 schreef Chris Andrew:
> On 27/01/2008, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
> > Op 26-01-2008 om 14:11 schreef Chris Andrew:
> > > Hi, all.
> > >
> > > I've just rebuilt my Ultra 10, with different drives.  Unfortunately
> > > my CDROM no longer seems to be mapped correctly.
> > >
> > > I've made this mistake before, but can't remember how I got around it.
> > >
> > > I know I need to do something with devalias/ nvalias and show-disks,
> > > but I can't for the life of me remember what.
> > >
> > > Additionally, I seem to have several entries for my CDROM (my fault,
> > > trying to create a good alias).
> >
> > Could 'set-default' help?
> >
> > > Can anyone spell it out for me, so I can do a fresh install on this box.
> >

> > I could have miss spelled 'set-default'.
>
> Geert,
>
> Thanks for your advice.  I tried set-default, and nothing seemed to change.
>
> Still trying to resolve this problem.

And meanwhile you have more problems to solve, at least some things to notice.

The important one is to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
because that document would have prevent you from asking off-topic
questions and "I shoot myself in the foot, could you help me?" questions.

Bringing a private reply back to a public list,
is the same as saying: "Public posting and Private posting are equal to me"
For your information: There is huge difference between public and private ...

And if one brings a posting to the public, then allow your audience
to read in the discussion order.

Geert Stappers
In a "reply-to-list"