Re: Kernel 2.6.22 from backports fails to boot und Sun Balde 100

Uwe A. P. Würdinger wrote:
> Bernd Zeimetz schrieb:
>> Hi,
>
>>> I'm pretty sure it will boot un your Ultra5
>>> The Blade 100s seem to be very picky about the kernels it wants to
>>> boot :-(
>> Could you please boot with -p as option and post the output? I'll have a
>> Blade 100 available in a few weeks, the plan was to run Debian on it...
>
> Taht's acouple of scrrens of output and I can not convince the blade
> to redirect it to the serial port
> Any Idea how to preserve the output?

in OBP:

setenv input-device ttya
setenv output-device ttya

should redirect the output to the serial console. Make sure you have the
right cable, Sun sometimes did weird things to serial ports.

To set the output back to the monitor:

setenv input-device screen
setenv output-device screen

--