Re: Creation of Sparc (32-bit) port.

Hi all,

Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Chris Andrew:
>> I know that discussion is on-going regarding the future of 32-bit
>> sparc.
> AFAICT the discussion is not ongoing.  It just repeats itself every few
> weeks, and nothing changes:  There is no kernel support for sparc32
> anymore in Linux.

excuse me, but what exactly is the problem with the sparc32 kernel? I
(cross-)compiled a current git version (2.6.23-rc4+e) and stress tested
it a little on my SparcStation 5. I got the load average up to 16+, got
the oom-killer to kill some processes (no wonder when allocation 8 x 256M
on a box with 128M physical + 170M swap), but the machine still works as
expected (ok, uptime is now only 5:38h, but it's a start).
Userland is Debian Etch.

Markus