Re: NPTL and Debian-SPARC

Can I run Lenny on my 32 bit Sparc Station 20?  If so, can anyone point me to a download URL?

Cheers,

Chris.

On 04/08/07, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.debian-sparc@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Thanks. I'll try it on a spare U-10 and see what happens. This isn't
> production, I'm trying to track down problems in Free Pascal and Lazarus
> both of which almost work under Linux-SPARC but (I suspect) assume NPTL
> is available.
>
> I've been scratching my head for weeks over this one, and only got a
> hint of the solution when somebody elsewhere had a very similar problem
> on an ARM system.

For the record, an Ultra-10 appears to run Lenny/testing OK. Unfortunately the
switch from linuxthreads to NPTL doesn't appear to fix my problem :-(

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk