Re: etch installation on sun blade 1000

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:15:31PM +0200, Talecki Michal wrote:

> thank you guys for helpful advices.
> i will check things out tomorow... seems like it is firmware issue as Josip Rodin wrote.
>
> by the way: i will probably need to pass all those installation screens again and here comes my little question:
> is it possible to change the terminal mode during install or whatsoever to see any "highlighting belt"?
> i do not see any indicator choosing options, so I need to count keystrokes and finally I am not quite sure if I pointed the right one. :)

I had similar problems on a Sun Blade 100 - I think there is a variable
DEBIAN_FRONTEND which you can set to text. If you go back a couple of
weeks in the archives, you should find a post from me detailing a
successful install and the command line I passed to get there. It
should be on the debian-sparc mailing list

All best,

Andy