[MAISun Blade 100 Etch install - need /etc/silo.conf [SOLVED]

Here's the magic I needed: "install video=atyfb:off ide=nodma
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text" for an install using the Etch KDE CD #1
for Sparc

ide=nodma was the clincher: with that, the CDROM would work.

video=atyfb:off was necessary because the ATI Rage wouldn't work
correctly without this nad would lock immediately after the
Booting Linux message.

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text was needed because the newt frontend doesn't show
up and because the Sun screen doesn't show well in a Unicode locale.

All installed, I've possibly still got to do some X Windows tweaking
but that's OK.

Thanks to all who helped, especially Josip

Andy

----- End forwarded message -----