Re: Ultra Enterprise 3000k Installation

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 04:38:02PM -0500, Nathan Sprangers wrote:
> I can't get the installer to work on this server. With 3.1, the installer
> simply cannot find the CD drive. The scsi driver, esp, is loaded. I believe
> the cd-rom should be at scsi ID 6, I don't know how to tell the installer to
> "look here" though.
>
> I also tried with a debian testing install CD. I get a kernel panic in this
> case:

What version of testing CD? I have tested the daily-built installer
from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer on Saturday on an
SS20, and it worked fine. If it is not too much trouble, could you try
one of the daily built images?

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org