klibc problem on sparc might be caused by 32/64 bit strangeness of gcc

Looking into this problem, to find out why klibc-utils segfault, I found
some things that might be related:

When I replace the ARCH=sparc64 in debian/rules with ARCH=sparc I get
working binaries. Both the static binaries and the dynamic binaries
seem to work. (I only tried to run the static binaries and install the
dynamic ones into a chroot and run /bin/sh.shared in there and issue all
kind of command I could try, which did all work, while the one compiled
with sparc64 always segfault (even the static binaries)). I did not
try anything more sophisticated or creating an initrd with it.
(I personally use yaird, so am not effected by klibc).

Thus making it ARCH=sparc might be a workaround until the issue is
found. (But someone would need to verify that this works)

Something this might be related with, is that it always seem to include
the same libgcc.a file, both in 32 and in 64 bit.
(gcc seems to only have a single one, which I reported as
 http://bugs.debian.org/452402 )

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link