From: Chris Andrew <cjhandrew@gmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2007 17:09
Subject: Re: [Aurora-sparc-user] Anyone managed to boot from the CD on an SS20?
To: Aurora user discussion <aurora-sparc-user@lists.auroralinux.org>

Spot,

Just started a default graphical install.  The esp module loaded, so
you did well.  Looks like X hasn't configured my mouse :-).  Early
days, yet, as not started installing packages etc, yet.  Maybe I will
go for text on the next run.  Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Chris.

On 19/11/2007, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 21:48 +0000, Chris Andrew wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to boot a version of Aurora from the CD, not a RARP/net install.
> >
> > I know Spot has been working on re-writing the esp module, which has
> > caused so many problems.
> >
> > Has anyone managed to get an install done from the CD? If so, can you
> > point me two an ISO location?
>
> I was able to successfully do an install of corona on one of my SS20s.
>
> ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/aurora/corona/sparc/iso
>
> Burn at 4X, use "linux expert text", pray.
>
> In fact, I've been meaning to make that into 2.99. I'll wait for you to
> give it a shot before I do.
>
> ~spot

Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/