Re: Any progress?

On Monday 08 October 2007 19.57:26 Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Oct  8, 2007 at 16:15:48 +0200, Mario Iseli wrote:
> > So, who wants to help us?
> >
> > (I CCed debian-sparc@l.d.o, maybe there are some other people who are
> > interested in rescuing the sparc32 arch)
>
> I'm not sure what the point of using a different list for the 1 or 2
> people interested in sparc32 is going to help you.  It's not like
> debian-sparc is overcrowded.

SPARC32 stuff on debian-sparc@l.d.o is off topic as soon as sparc32 is
officially dead as an official Debian port.  Some Debian SPARC maintainers
may want to keep the list on-topic, i.e. on the Debian SPARC (64bit) port.

Also, this list (tries to) makes it clear that this is not generic sparc
related stuff, but 32 bit specific stuff.  I was hoping that those who're
interested in the port could find a sort of focus point instead of getting
lost in other discussions.

But seeing that (me included) talking is everything that's being done so
far, I'm not yet convinced if I had a good idea here.  All power to Mario
now :-)

cheers
-- vbi

--
And those meanies used what we said to you and they misconstrued it to
mean what we said, and that's so unfair.