Re: non-SMP Kernel on Sparc machines using dual-cpu boards

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 02:48 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
<snip>
> On which machines does the kernel boot properly?
> Remember that UltraSPARC II processors have a different architecture
> and UltraSPARC IIi and IIIi also are different!
Please forgive me if I am stating the obvious but (as I understand it)
the main difference between the II and IIi (and respectively the III and
IIIi) is that the i series are for single processor machines and have a
lot of the cache control and memory consistancy hardware removed as it
is not needed.  Thus running an UltraSPARC III and an UltraSPARC IIIi
with non SMP kernels are fundamentally different propositions.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin