Re: How to use a serial console on Ultra 1?

Thank you for your reply. What I haven't found is instruction on what
software to use to actually make the connection. I could use an example,
like, open a terminal on the laptop, run minicom (?), set minicom to
vt100 emulation, "connect" to the com port, etc.

I would not be so noobie-like, if everything were working fine, but if
I'm trying to diagnose a problem, then I need to determine if something
is broken, rather than learning how to use a serial logon. Any
suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.