Re: NPTL and Debian-SPARC

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Mark Morgan Lloyd a écrit :
I'm trying to track down problems in a development tool (Free Pascal) which I'm running on Etch. I notice that if I do getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION it reports linuxthreads-0.10, while on an x86 Sarge+2.6 system the same command reports NPTL 0.60.

Am I correct in believing that Debian for SPARC hasn't yet got NPTL? Is there any feasible way of putting together a system that /does/ have this combination, even if it's not of production quality?

You can use the glibc from lenny/unstable. It now uses NPTL on most
architectures.

	Don't use glibc and NPTL on sparc64. There is a critial bug with futex !

	Regards,

	JKB