Re: Debian network installation

Hi,

>I have bought a Sun Enterprise 250 server and would like to install
>Debian on it. The SCSI DVD ROM player seems broken so I can't
>use it (its led flashes all the time).

Yeah, every time I bought a used SUN Ultra, the CD-ROM was gone, broken,
shaky, or went south after a couple of days/weeks...

>Is it possible to install Debian via network boot from OpenBoot
>Firmware using "boot net" or tftp?

Sure. "boot net" on the prompt will attempt a tftp boot. Check out the
install instructions from debian, it's all there.

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Channel 13 Is Haunted (Hex Dispensers)