Re: Sparc32: Mailing list & Wiki created

Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a complete outsider, SPARC-wise, and probably won't be able to
> contribute.  But I like the fact that Debian runs on anything from mobile
> phones to s390 to Babbage's differential engine.  And I saw people wanting
> to keep sparc32 alive and kicking.  And I saw people blogging about it, and
> at least somebody saying on this list, that having project infrastructure
> available would be a good idea.
>
> So here it is:
>  -> Debian sparc32 coordination Wiki: <http://wiki.debian.org/Sparc32>

WTF???

There are only very few people still interested in sparc32 and all
that is needed is kernel support (and glibc support later).  This list
(debian-sparc) is not too much crowded to drag the sparc32 part out of
it.

It's sad to see this sub-architecture go, but without no kernel
developers still interested in it and nobody willing to become a
kernel hacker for this architecture, there's no chance.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Ten years and still binary compatible.  -- XFree86