Re: Fwd: "File does not appear executable" on SS20.

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 04:56:28PM +0100, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Same again, I'm afraid.  A year ago, I had Sarge running on an SS20, so I
> know it can work.  Something is obviously not right.  The other strange
> thing is that I have two 2.1 Gb drives, and whatever I try to do with the
> 2nd drive, it only lets me use about 250 megs.  I have removed all the
> partitions on it, and tried several times.

I've come upon this issue as well. Parted completely misinterpreted the
disk geometry. The only way I got around it is to use good ol' fdisk.
The only tricky part is getting is during the install: I put it on an
ftp server and wget it.

I used etch when I hit this. Did try sarge as well, did not get it to
install.

Martin