Re: "File does not appear executable" on SS20.

David,

I tried that, but no better off.  The box had Solaris on before, and booted fine.  I thought it may be to do with the Sun disk label, so I did the guided partitioning, which I thought checked for a Sun label.  The other possibility was that my root partition was too big, so I made it 1Gb, in-case that mattered.  Same problem, still.

Thanks,

Chris.

On 04/07/07, David Johnson <dj@david-web.co.uk> wrote:
On Wednesday 04 July 2007 09:00, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I have been trying to install Sarge on a SPARCstation20.  The install goes
> fine, but when I reboot into my new installation, I get the OBP message
> "File does not appear executable".

You're probably trying to boot the wrong device; try typing 'boot disk' at the
PROM prompt and see if that works. If it does, you need to set that to be the
default boot device - I can't remember how off the top of my head, but I'm
sure it's well-documented online.

If that doesn't work, you need to find out what SCSI ID your disk is using
('probe-scsi-all' at the PROM prompt should do it). The first disk in the
system should be ID 3.

Regards,
David.

--