Re: [OT] [sun]debian : setup

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 22:17, Eric Rapilly wrote:
> Hi there; For my Debian on sun, I need some informations, because I'm
> not familiar with debian;
> 1 ° how to setup a fixed IP address ?
> 2° how to indicate the IP address of the gateway, which I use to go on
> internet

Note that this question is in no way specific to sparc. As such it is
really off-topic for this mailing list. Please use a general user mailing
list instead next time (or even better, read some basic documentation
first)!

The short answer: 'man interfaces'

As a slightly longer answer, this example config:
$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback