Re: [sun]debian : setup

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 22:17 +0200, Eric Rapilly wrote:
> Hi there; For my Debian on sun, I need some informations, because I'm
> not familiar with debian;
You might find that a general purpose Debian mailing list or guide is of
more use for this kind of question.  Debian is remarkably uniform across
architectures, so what works on x86 will likely work on SPARC (with the
obvious exceptions).

> 1 ° how to setup a fixed IP address ?
> 2° how to indicate the IP address of the gateway, which I use to go on
> internet
See interfaces(5), the man page for /etc/network/interfaces.  Or use
$YOURFAVOURITENETWORKGUI.

Cheers,
 - Martin