Re: build sparc32 kernel deb on sparc64

Robert Reif napsal(a):
Daniel Smolik wrote:

Robert Reif napsal(a):

Is it possible to build a sparc32 kernel deb on sparc64?

I can compile a 32 bit kernel using ARCH=sparc ok.
Running make-kpkg --arch sparc tries to compile a 64 bit kernel.
Setting an ARCH=sparc environment variable doesn't help.

Any one have any pointers on cross compiling a sparc32 kernel deb on a sparc64 system?

I normaly compile kernel for 32 sparc as:

sparc32 bash
make

    Dan

This doesn't work for me:

netra:/usr/src/linux-2.6# sparc32 bash
-bash: sparc32: command not found

What package do I need to do this? I just installed the standard (minimum) packages.

dpkg -S /usr/bin/sparc32
sparc-utils: /usr/bin/sparc32

		Dan

--