Re: etch installation on sun blade 1000

Hi Josip,

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 07:45:13PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> We seem to have various errors in
> /org/www.debian.org/release-notes/build.log that nobody is taking care of...

these problems are well known and related to outdated tools on the build
host. Once www-master is updated to Etch these errors will go away.
Please note that none of these errors is critical. po4a cannot create the
SGML file from PO files, that's why we just committed SGML as well.

> Etc etc. This sounds like toolchain issues.

Right, but we have workarounds.

> The Swedish file is missing. The CVS log at:
>
> http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes/sv/Attic/release-notes.sv.sgml?rev=1.9&root=debian-doc&view=log
>
> indicates that Jens Seidel removed the file for some reason, but
> the commit log doesn't sound useful. Since the Makefile wasn't adjusted,
> this sounds like an error. Jens?

Right, it was an error. Someone mentioned that www-master was already
updated to Etch and I just tried to test it ...

This error is also not important. Once the Swedish translation is
updated again, we should just commit the generated SGML file again.

> Finally, this ends in:
>
> + install -m 644 -p 'sv/release-notes.sv.html/*' /org/www.debian.org/www/releases/etch/alpha/release-notes/
> install: cannot stat `sv/release-notes.sv.html/*': No such file or directory
>
> I'll go restore that file from history and rebuild.

You can do it but as long as no update is committed we don't need to
update the file (or does it stop other builds?).
How about updating the build host instead?

Jens