Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1294-1] New xfree86 packages fix several vulnerabilities

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 07:08:30PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Well, I'm only cc'ed on this because I have access to manipulate the buildd
> queues, but I would note that the reason sparc is late for this update is
> that auric has gone out to la-la land (hasn't been seen by w-b since May 3).
> So I imagine that setting up a new buildd from scratch is less of a priority
> right now than trying to get back the one that we already had configured.

Right, okay.

> Anyway, as far as getting something done, I would suggest opening an RT
> ticket and documenting in that ticket:
[...]

I did that now, thanks.

I combined two sets of information in it - the specific details about this
sparc machine that I sent to the mailing list, and general information about
the location which I had already provided to DSA in an offer to host that
other machine that they put out a few years ago.

> If DSA has to go fishing for these details, chances are good that they
> /won't/ do so, because there are always fires going on that will take
> priority.

I appreciate you being courteous to spell this out, but it's a problem in
itself if one has to make these justifications... If as you say that our
only sparc buildd is MIA for two weeks and not fixed yet, what greater fire
is there, taking priority thoughout this time? Problems worse than two-week
downtimes should probably make us all pretty scared...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.