Re: Problem with linux on SunFire 280R

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 01:29:44PM +0200, Ireneusz Nadolski wrote:
> And then installation was a piece of cake!
> But now I have a boot problem.
> After SILO starting booting linux I got somthing like that:
> qla2xxx ... Firmware image unavailable
> qla2xxx  ... Faild to initialize adapter
> qla2xxx ... Firmware can be retrieved from ftp:// .....
>
> So, I got wishes circle! The boot process can't go further because no
> drivers for qlogic disks :(

Boot with the Debian CD again, install the udeb, mount your system at
/mountedsystem, and chroot /mountedsystem.
Then wget the firmware-qlogic .deb package (this time .deb, not .udeb)
and install it, and after that run update-initramfs so that the firmware
files get installed into the initial ram disk which gets loaded by the
real system.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.