Strange problem with ethernet after upgrade.

I just upgraded my ultra5 to etch and the ethernet interface is behaving very oddly.

It always used to be called eth0 and run at 100MB/s half duplex. Since upgrading
to etch it is called eth1 and runs at 10MB/s half duplex. The readlly odd thing
is that this is the exact same k2.6.18 ernel. I always hand-compile kernels from
kernel.org sources.

This makes no sense to me. I suppose it's possible that the new udev has had
some hand in renaming the device but it still seems odd. There is only one
interface in the system.

sunhme.c:v3.00 June 23, 2006 David S. Miller (davem@davemloft.net)
eth0: HAPPY MEAL (PCI/CheerIO) 10/100BaseT Ethernet 08:00:20:9c:b0:5b
eth1: Link is up using internal transceiver at 10Mb/s, Half Duplex.
eth1: no IPv6 routers present

It being called eth1 I can cope with I suppose (I'll look into ifrename perhaps
but it's no big deal) but the drop in speed is just plain wierd.

Does anyone have any ideas? It really is the same kernel...honest!
Linux fentible 2.6.18 #1 Thu Sep 21 13:48:22 BST 2006 sparc64 GNU/Linux

I'm going to upgrade it to 2.6.21 when that is released but I've had enough pain
with this upgrade to last me for one month ...  (I'll spare you the rest).
--

patrick