Re: Dropping sparc32 for lenny

Martin wrote:

> I was under the impression that there were other SPARC based embedded
> chips around.  Is it worth contacting the developers of the Leon about
> this?  IIRC one of their selling points was a full, free OS and tool
> chain.  I suspect if Debian stops supporting sparc32 then the amount of
> work done on keeping it viable will drop andthe bit rot will set in.
> Thus I can see some advantage to them commiting some time to keeping it
> live.

At that point it might be worth having a Debian subproject specifically for
SPARC kernel 2.4 in the same vein as Debian GNU/Hurd. Discard any GUI that takes
an excessive amount of CPU resources, discard audio, streaming video etc. and
concentrate on a reliable toolchain and kernel.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk