Re: md (software) RAID missing in the installer for sparc

Josip Rodin a écrit :
On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 03:39:37PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
But... that's not actually supposed to be necessary. Quoting:
[...]
| The first partition has to be ext3 or fd, not swap because swap
| writes from first block and avoid silo block. If swap begins on the
| cylinder 1, openprom cannot boot (ther is not MBR on sparc
| architecture).

This was in reply to another person's question, and that person (who
had a problem) had swap as the first partition.
I don't see how you conclude one from the other.

The man said that it works for him(tm)... that sounds relevant :)

	I confirm ;-)

I have several Sparc (U1, U2, U60, U80, U420) that run fine for a very long time with raid1 partition /boot that start on the first cylinder (Sun disklabel). Silo is installed on partitions, not on whole disk.

	Regards,

	JKB