Re: md (software) RAID missing in the installer for sparc

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 12:56:19PM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> > The man said that it works for him(tm)... that sounds relevant :)
>
> Relevance wasn't questioned; your conclusion was questioned.

My conclusion was that he said that a separate non-RAID partition is not
actually necessary, which is exactly what he wrote...

See the whole post at http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2006/04/msg00021.html

> Regardless of this quote, I can tell you from experience that it does
> not work to have the first partition be a raid partition and start from
> cylinder 0.
>
> This is the first time I've heard that you can't boot if the first
> partition is swap and starts at cyl 1.  Sounds bogus to me.

I guess I'll just have to test and see.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.