Re: The dreaded Fast Data Access MMU Miss issue

Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > I don't think I've seen a machine come up with that failure much after
> > transferring control from SILO (rather than in SILO or immediately after) and
> > I'm running older hardware than you are.
>
> It's probably a silo mismap, or a prom mismap. Anyone have a copy of a
> recent Netra firmware ? :)
> I can't find it on the Sun site :(

You might not need the most recent firmware, rather the one that was tested when
the code was written. Having said that I'd stress that I'm not blaming the
kernel developers for this- I think that being able to install patches over the
LAN and not being able to revert in the same way indicates some pretty sloppy
practices at Sun :-(

I had a heck of a job finding a full set of versions for the machines I was
working on, and access to that particular area
http://patches.sun.com/all_unsigned/ was closed off yesterday :-/

I don't have a trail of URLs, but basically I found a list somewhere on sun.com
that annotated all available patches, then Googled for the number. There appear
to be two sets: current_unsigned and all_unsigned, and it might be that there
are mirrors or archived copies scattered around.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk