Proposal for a special interest group

Hi All,

I was wondering if there are members of the list
active in the Oil and Gas industry and related
sectors.

The idea is that since Linux and Opensource are now
gaining a considerable momentum, especially in the
so-called 'third world' countries, it would be nice to
set up a special interest group, centered on Oil and
Gas-specific practices and solutions. Also, putting
back to use older machines is rather commonplace...

I believe it is now time for coordinated efforts and
exchange of experience.

If anybody is interested, please respond offline.

Cheers,

Joseph Simantov