Re: Problems booting Sun Blade 100: still unable to boot from CD

On 31/12/2006, at 2:25 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:

Hello,

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:40:49 +0100 Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
I have no idea what video cards are in a Sun Blade 100. If it is something other than an ATI card, you may need a different parameter. The kernel

Yes, is ATI card.

My SunBlade 100 boots 2.6.18 OK from internal disk drive with video=atyfb:off. (This was not required with 2.6.16) As mentioned in the thread, net boot may be required - at least I have not seen any reports of success with CDROM.
jim