Re: Fixed kernels for SunBlade 100/150 - please test ASAP

Il giorno 20/ott/06, alle ore 17:37, Jurij Smakov ha scritto:

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:13:43PM +0200, Luigi Gangitano wrote:
Hi Jurij,
I tested the new kernel on my SB100 and while the clock error has
disappeared the kernel still doesn't boot.

No error is printed. Starting on console framebuffer is activated for
less than a second and then machine hangs back on the SILO screen.

Thanks for testing. I have built another kernel overnight,
(available at http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/), including new
DaveM's patch, and dropping the old atyfb patch for SunBlade which we
have been applying for a while in Debian, but which was not accepted
upstream [0]. There have been quite a few changes upstream, so my hope
is that this patch is no longer required and things will work once
it's removed (and I will start to get desperate if they will not :-).

Ok, this kernel works on SB100, but only if atyfb is disabled.

I attached the dmesg output, which shows some issues while scanning the of tree.

Regards,

--
Luigi Gangitano -- <luigi@debian.org> -- <gangitano@lugroma3.org>
GPG: 1024D/924C0C26: 12F8 9C03 89D3 DB4A 9972  C24A F19B A618 924C 0C26