Re: Fixed kernels for SunBlade 100/150 - please test ASAP

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:13:43PM +0200, Luigi Gangitano wrote:
> Hi Jurij,
> I tested the new kernel on my SB100 and while the clock error has
> disappeared the kernel still doesn't boot.
>
> No error is printed. Starting on console framebuffer is activated for
> less than a second and then machine hangs back on the SILO screen.
>
> Regards,

Thanks for testing. I have built another kernel overnight,
(available at http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/), including new
DaveM's patch, and dropping the old atyfb patch for SunBlade which we
have been applying for a while in Debian, but which was not accepted
upstream [0]. There have been quite a few changes upstream, so my hope
is that this patch is no longer required and things will work once
it's removed (and I will start to get desperate if they will not :-).

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC