Re: Installation manual updates

On Sunday 24 September 2006 06:28, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> The first chapter I've updated is about the supported Sparc hardware.
> You can find the draft (not yet committed) at
>
> http://www.wooyd.org/debian/manual/sparc-hardware.txt

Also worth mentioning here may be that Sparc systems generally use
relatively high refresh rates that may not be supported by all monitors
(especially older VGA ones).

Another option to get video correct when the system has two graphics cards
is to explicitly turn one off, for example:
append="video=atyfb:off"

Note that it may be better to save this info for the "troubleshooting"
section:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.sparc/ch05s03.html

Cheers,
FJP