Sun Fire 280R - kernel config for PGX64

Hello world,

I am trying to get an "old" Sun Fire 280R running with Debian. After one week trial and error I got the base system
installed from BusinessCard-ISO using Etch beta3 (all others did not boot). Got the FC-AL-HDDs running with
initramfstools loading qlogicfc using the original kernel (which did not recognize the controller on his own). Now
I am trying to build a kernel (source 2.6.16) with integrated FC-AL-Support and some other features to maximize
stability and minimize problems. At the moment I am really stuck with the graphics console - I can not get a local
console running after loading the kernel from silo. There's a PGX64 (ATI-based) graphics card in this server. I am
used to Debian on x86- and powerpc-architecture, but I am new to sparc.

If anyone is using such a workgroup server with local console, it would be nice to get a running kernel config to
have a usable base for further optimizations.

Regards,

Matthias Petz