Re: Etch Net Install ISO Doesn't Boot on Ultra10

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 02:17, Nathanial Hendler wrote:
> I've seen some emails on this list about this issue, but no
> solutions...
>
> I have an Ultra10 and was able to install Aurora 2.0 (Fedora) on it
> with no problems.  The kernel there is 2.6.13

As I've also answered to Chris Andrew on this list and in reply to [1], I
have no problems booting the installer on my own Ultra 10 and all
releases of the installer are tested on that box.

> I'm using etch build date 20060314.  The kernel is 2.6.15

There are more recent images with a 2.6.16 kernel [2], but I doubt those
would help you as they also don't work for Chris.

I guess we need to compare machine specs and see where the problem might
be. See the info I asked from Chris. Using the 20060314 (Beta 2)
installer, you can still install using a 2.4 kernel (type 'install24' at
the silo prompt).

Another option would be to try netbooting the installer instead of
installing from CD.

> Is this the correct place to report this bug?  I am going to go try the
> stable ISO, and if that works I can live with it, but I wanted to
> assist in getting the testing iso to boot.

The best way to report installation problems is to file an installation
report [3]. But this list may off more help from other Sparc users.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/07/msg01268.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/