Re: Debian Sparc and IDE Pascal Lazarus

Andrea Modesto Rossi wrote:

> i install with success Lazarus on my PC(Intel P4) but i've a
> problem to do install Lazarus on my Ultra Sparc 5 with Debian Sarge3.1
> stable.
>
> I've a Ultra Sparc with 40Gb of Hard disk and 256Mb of Ram.I work with this
> machine but i'm unable to install Lazarus .
> Is there a .deb packages that i can install it with  apt-get install
> lazarus  ????or-else,is there another solution??
> With the source pkg i can't install the program because make don't workmthere
> are same error(with i386 and make clan all the situation is egual,the same
> error).
> It's important for to work with PASCAL/Lazarus...

I'm hoping to look at this at some point, but I've got very limited time.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lazarus+site%3Apackages.debian.org shows
that there is an i386 variant in experimental, I'm not sure whether anybody is
looking at FPC/Lazarus for SPARC and suggest that the best place to start would
be the relevant mailing lists.

After a quick search of my archive be warned that as of November 2005 one of the
core FPC maintainers was considering dropping SPARC support due to lack of
interest. I'd suggest posting to the fpc-pascal ML saying that it's something
you definately want. According to the lazarus ML There's a couple of Lazarus
users under Solaris.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk