Re: xorg hardware detection - please test

On Saturday 08 July 2006 07:41, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Frans Pop wrote:
> > When this is integrated into XOrg configuration, we'll have to
> > consider how to deal with the situation where a box contains both a
> > video card detected by this method and a regular PCI video card.
>
> The ATI cards in Ultra5 are PCI, and they are found by video_detect
> just fine. Are there known situations when one can use the card with
> xorg but it does not show up in the prom tree?

What I was thinking of is the situation with my U10. When I got it, it had
both a Creator 3D card and the ATI card. I pulled out the Creator 3D card
because I don't have a monitor for it, but what would happen if both are
present? I would expect your new script to detect the 3D and the regular
detection to detect the ATI...