Re: xorg hardware detection - please test

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Frans Pop wrote:

On Friday 07 July 2006 08:45, Jurij Smakov wrote:
I've hacked together a script (attached) which parses prtconf output
and outputs the name of corresponding xorg driver.

When this is integrated into XOrg configuration, we'll have to consider
how to deal with the situation where a box contains both a video card
detected by this method and a regular PCI video card.

The ATI cards in Ultra5 are PCI, and they are found by video_detect just fine. Are there known situations when one can use the card with xorg but it does not show up in the prom tree?

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org