Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64

Hi Jurij,

 >> write(0, "(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modul"..., 45) = 45
 >> open("/usr/lib/xorg/modules/libxaa.so", O_RDONLY) = 8
 >> read(8,
 >>
 >> (The last line is verbatim: X and `strace' hang right at this point.)

 > That looks bad. It hangs in the kernel. The corresponding piece
 > from my log looks like that:

 It is worse than that(*). Not only does the X server crash, the
 module file gets busted too, and I mean it gets corrupted on the
 disk, the file system appears to get along well, though (at least a
 full e2fsck does not barf). In my case that is usually `libramdac.so'
 that gets swept away, but I have seen `libxaa.so' get corrupted as
 well. The eye examination (after `file' and `nm') also confirms that
 the shared modules turn into a pile of crap.

Oleg

(*) `uname -r' reports `2.6.17-rc3-sparc64', and the Xorg version is
7.0.22, any extra information available on demand.