Broken initrd.img

I created a initrd with yaird while the root partition, a RAID 1 array,
was is in a degraded state. I didn't know it mattered so I hot added the
missing device, waited until the rsync was finished and rebooted. No go.
The kernel refused to boot. After searching I discovered Bug #350861
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/yaird-devel/2006-February/000268.html)

So I rebooted with ydebug and removed the device and rebooted with no
problem. But now /dev/md0 was mounted readonly so I couldn't rerun yaird
to make a new image if I aded the device to the degraded array so after
trying to make /dev/md0 readwrite with no success (device busy .. of
course) I rebooted hoping that it was mounted readonly because of the
error from the previous boot and the second time would be readwrite.

Now my initrd image is corrupted and I can't boot that kernel at all. I
have another kernel not set up for raid so it won't boot either. Is
there any hope (because I REALLY don't want to go through the pain of
raid-lvm setup again)? Is there a sparc rescue disk that can mount a
raid1 partition with lvm so I can chroot in? Or compile a sparc kernel
on a different machine? (I have a ppc running debian as well).

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very thankful.

--
Brent Russell Langille Carter (BEng Mechanical)
MSc Candidate, Mathematics