Re: Just a simple install problem?

Jurij Smakov wrote:

On Sun, 28 May 2006, Hamish Greig wrote:

On Sunday 28 May 2006 13:44, Wenton L. Davis wrote:

Trying to install on an E4500, the install boots from the CD, sterts
running, tries to detect the CDROM using several different IDE drivers,
but this system is purely SCSI.  I get stuck in this rescan for CDROM?
<YES> <NO> thing.  Out of ideas and very frustrated.

Wenton L. Davis

ALt F2; hit enter; modprobe esp

As long as esp is the driver on the 4500 that is. It is the driver on my
e3000, I had to use the same method to install.

Hamish

If the machines have esp SCSI controllers, I'd appreciate if you could test the daily etch installer builds, from www.d.o/devel/debian-installer. The installer have been fixed up to detect esp properly, so if it does not work for some reason, I'm sure d-i team would appreciate a report.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org

Works beautifully!

I did go ahead and modprobe sd_mod and sr_mod, just to be sure.

Next problems, I can't get X11 to configure, mostly because I can't figure out who to scan the bus for the graphics card ID. (It's not a PCI bus.) And, I'm not sure now to check if the mouse has a driver loaded. I can look in /proc/devices, and I find a line: "13 input" which I expect to handle the mouse.... right?

Wenton L. Davis