Re: Installation problems SPARCstation 5

Hi,

For some bizzare reason the current debian sarge 2.4 sparc kernel
doesn't build in support for the TCX.  I does, for example, build in
the LEO (a rare, powerhungry huge 24 bit card).

The relevent section is :

#
# Frame-buffer support
#
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_FB_CYBER2000 is not set
CONFIG_FB_SBUS=y
CONFIG_FB_CGSIX=y
# CONFIG_FB_BWTWO is not set
CONFIG_FB_CGTHREE=y
# CONFIG_FB_TCX is not set
CONFIG_FB_CGFOURTEEN=y
# CONFIG_FB_P9100 is not set
CONFIG_FB_LEO=y
# CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL is not set
# CONFIG_FBCON_ADVANCED is not set
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB8=y
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTWIDTH8_ONLY is not set
CONFIG_FONT_SUN8x16=y
CONFIG_FONT_SUN12x22=y
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS is not set

What you need to do is rebuild the kernel setting CONFIG_FB_TCX=y then the
TCX works fine whether it's the 8 bit TCX in a SS4 or a 24bit TCX in a
SS5.

cheers

bruce