Re: The SPARC Context Id ?

In article <[🔎] 4422202B.2000308@uwaterloo.ca> w23wang@uwaterloo.ca writes:
>I'm a kernel developer as well as a newbie to SPARC. I'm not quite sure the
>purpose of the 13-bit context identifier in SPARC translation table entries.
>I searched through the SPARC architecture manual and the web but found no
>enough details.
>
>P.S. is there any other public references that we can count on beyond this
>architecture manual?

SPARC covers at least half a dozen different sub-arches, each with a
different MMU.  sun4u (miscalled sparc64 in linux -- sparc64 is a
different arch from fujitsu linux doesn't support) is the most likely
to be of interest, followed by sun4m (the only remaing 32 bit sparc
architecture Debian supports).

Unfortunatly, I can't answer your question, I never got into that
kind of detail.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html