Re: RAID config option missing

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:07:06AM +0100, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> Actually, it seems to be a bug in parted, so partman isn't able to tag a
> partition as "Linux  RAID autodetect" (0xFD). Please take  a look at the
> bug #355467  [0]. At the moment there  is no solution in  order to solve
> this issue. However, Sebastien's HOWTO is really interesting ;).

Hi Arnaud,

I had fun with Sebastien's HOWTO.. I knew that French they taught me in
school would come in useful one day! :) In the end I got RAID working
very nicely on my Ultra 60.

I may get some bigger harddisks for that box soon, in which case I'll be
going through the process again.  If so I'll try and do English
translation of Sebastien's instructions.

Regards,
Jim

--
Jim Farrand